Standard Universal Analytics which is what you currently know as Google Analytics will be discontinued by July 1, 2023. As we are being introduced to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) – “the next generation of Google Analytics”.
GA4 is a new property designed for the future of measurement:
- Collects both website and app data to better understand the customer journey
- Uses events instead of session-based data
- Includes privacy controls such as cookieless measurement, and behavioral and conversion modeling
- Predictive capabilities offer guidance without complex models
- Direct integrations to media platforms help drive actions on your website or app
On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. You’ll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period of time after July 1, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties.
With that said, here is a simple way of incorporating the new Google Analytics 4 into your website:
…TO BE CONTINUED